Walking through Glen Waverley this week I noticed two property development notices. What particularly caught my eye was the proposed height of these buildings and the reduction in car parking spaces. Feeling not well informed I decided it is time find out more about the planning process encouraging others to do the same and to have a say. YOUR view is important!
Information on ALL applications for planning permits is available on the Monash Council web site at: https://epathway.monash.vic.gov.au/ePathway/Production/Web/GeneralEnquiry/EnquirySummaryView.aspx
What questions do we, the people of Monash, need to ask Council? Whatever question you have is valid and should be asked!
- What will the quality of life be for the increased population living in apartments in these areas?
- How will the experience of Monash community using these areas change?
- Can developers be required to provide facilities for pedestrians and cyclists?
- Will developers be permitted to reduce car parking spaces?
- How can the community have more input into development in their area?
- Can councils play a more educative role in the area of property development?
- others (please leave a comment!)
Application for planning permit 1: 15 storey building in O’Sullivan Road
There are to be two public information sessions about this application
Thursday 18 September 6 – 8 pm & Tuesday 23 September 2 – 4 pm at the Council Offices 293 Springvale Road Glen Waverley
Application for Planning Permit 2: five storey building in Springvale Road
What do YOU think of these proposals? Leave your comments to let us know. Note this is not communicating with Council so make sure you respond through the channels on the posters above if you wish to do so.
My view? With the potential for high rise development in Glen Waverley the Central Car Park should become ‘Central Park’ i.e. NOT be built on. They quality of life for people living in apartments in Glen Waverley and those shopping, walking and cycling through will be much improved by a large community open space.